A growing range of products, greater efficiency and the legal obligation to provide supporting documents leads to the continuous introduction of new requirements for the brewing industry. The complex production processes must be controlled, monitored and evaluated in an integral and secure manner.
The development of intelligent automation solutions for the brewing industry demands more than just system know-how. Industry experience and in-depth knowledge about structures and processes in a brewery are just as important. Thanks to more than 30 years of experience in the field of brewery automation, we know how to meet the extensive requirements of this industry. Our industry-driven staff structure, consisting of highly qualified process engineers, electrical engineers, food technologists, computer scientists and master brewers, also deserve a special mention.
Furthermore, with our in-house developed process control system brewmaxx we boast one of the best known solutions for the integrated process automation of breweries. Our control system brewmaxx controls breweries with an annual output of more than 250 million hectolitres – almost one fifth of global beer production. brewmaxx has actually become the standard system in some of the world’s largest brewery groups.
We have been engaged in intensive dialogue with specialised universities for many years and promote knowledge transfer of process control technology, automation and MES solutions for breweries. A prime example of this is our successful cooperation with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), which has resulted in the joint development and implementation of the “Weihenstephan Standards for operating data acquisition at filling plants”.
brewmaxx is now used by more than 750 breweries worldwide.
Managing Director, ProLeiT Inc., USA
Phone: +1 224 880 6536
Head of Sales, Breweries & Distilleries, ProLeiT GmbH, Germany
Phone: +49 9132 777 411
Sales Manager, Breweries & Distilleries, ProLeiT GmbH, Germany
Phone: +49 9132 777 336
We developed brewmaxx specifically for the needs and requirements of the brewing industry. The result is an advanced, industry-specific system solution which combines extensive IT experience and brewery expertise in a single process control system.
We offer automation solutions for all process areas in a brewery:
- Raw Materials
- Fermenting and storage cellars
- Yeast management / Yeast propagation
- Bright Beer Area / Beer Finings
- Bottling plants
- Auxiliary plants
- CO2 recovery
- Cooling plants
- Water treatment
- Wastewater plants
Our service portfolio provides the solutions for both the general and the special requirements of breweries. Typical examples are:
- Integrated process automation from malt delivery to the filling process
- Building control systems, high bay racking and ventilation systems
- Auxiliary plants, e.g. CO2 recovery, refrigerating plants, water degassing, etc.
- Water supply
- Wastewater plants
- Energy data acquisition
- Intelligent load management to prevent peak loads
- Automatic tank management
- Process level-wide management reporting
- Migration of existing control systems
The success of our customers is based, among other things, on the tried-and-tested functions of our process control system brewmaxx. The integrated functions provide intelligent solutions for the following brewery tasks:
- Order management for automatically starting processes (e.g. brewing operation or filtration orders)
- Equipment modules for simple parameterisation of pre-configured plant parts
- Effective route control
- Task planner in combination with selector for fermenting and storage cellar occupancy
- Silo management for raw materials management
- Graphical sequence overview for simple operation
- Visu Recorder for optimising process sequences
- Control and route matrix (OCM) for simple parameterisation
- Monitoring of contamination areas to guarantee process safety
- Energy data management for saving water, energy, CO2 and gas
- Intelligent load management for optimising plant capacity
- Production data management for filling plants
- Material management and batch traceability for batch post-tracking
- Production and efficiency reports (DIN, OEE) for reporting purposes
- Industry-wide reporting management
- Communication interfaces for connection to ERP systems (e.g. SAP)
- Communication interfaces for connection to various laboratory systems
- Interfaces for connecting inspection systems (e.g. RECOP, Heufft)