We started with the development of our process control system brewmaxx over 30 years ago. Today, our PLC-based control system is employed by breweries in the areas of automation, information and control technology. Processes can be continuously controlled and inspected with brewmaxx - from production data acquisition, process control technology and recipe-controlled liquid handling to functions for full production management (MES) across locations and the integration of ERP, LIMS and maintenance systems. As the foundation for all entrepreneurial decisions, it links the various processes intelligently and helps to manage a brewery more efficiently and economically.
brewmaxx is the Plant iTTM industry solution for breweries. brewmaxx is perfectly tailored to the day-to-day operations in breweries and enables innovative, user-oriented solutions like no other process control system. We work where standardised control systems fail by focussing our attention on industry-specific process automation for breweries. Supported by our in-house system development and close cooperation with breweries, plant suppliers and universities, brewmaxx offers a cutting-edge process control system for the brewing industry.
The modular system design of brewmaxx – divided into basic systems, modules and add-ons.
The basic brewmaxx system as well as all the modules and add-ons have a centralised engineering infrastructure with a common database and an integrated parameterisation interface. All the modules and add-ons can be combined with the basic brewmaxx system. brewmaxx can therefore be flexibly adapted to the various process areas and production methods in breweries.
brewmaxx is an object-related and PLC-based process control system with MES functionality and integrated recipe control for liquids. It can be used in combination with PLCs from various manufacturers and is available in five language versions. This high level of flexibility is one of the reasons why brewmaxx is today used around the world and controls breweries with an annual output of more than 250 million hectolitres – almost one fifth of global beer production.
brewmaxx complies with the principle of “parameterisation instead of programming”. This means that individual programming is basically replaced by the parameterisation of technical and technological functions. The “compiler-less” system architecture of brewmaxx allows maximum flexibility for alterations during operation. Alterations to the control system are even possible without stopping production. This time-saving benefit creates a significant competitive advantage – for us and our customers.
Engineering with brewmaxx takes place according to standardised methods. Standard functions, e.g. brewery-specific automation classes, ensure that the process control system is transparent. Alterations and extensions can thus always be traced and multiplied – a safe investment solution for the future.
- Object-related, open and PLC-based process control system
- Integrated, technology-related recipe control and management
- Intuitive user interface, designed to the latest usability standards
- Standard library of intelligent, vector-based process graphics
- Process Screen Designer for creating process images
- Extensive module library of predefined automation classes
- Brewing-specific equipment modules
- Production Report Designer for creating production reports
- Integrated MES functionality
- Cross-divisional and web-based reporting system
- Extensive archiving functions
- Support of redundant system architectures
- Energy management system
- Various languages available
- Based on standard software (e.g. Microsoft databases and operating systems)
- Transparent and scalable licence model
- Recording and output function of process sequences